ISO Insurance Rating:
The Watertown Fire Department carries an ISO rating of 4 within the city and an ISO rating of a 6 for our rural area. A Community’s ISO rating depends on:
- Fire alarm and communications systems, including telephone systems, telephone lines, staffing, and dispatching systems
- The fire department, including equipment, staffing, training, and geographic distribution of fire companies
- The water supply system, including condition and maintenance of hydrants, and a careful evaluation of the amount of available water compared with the amount needed to suppress fires
Neighborhood Fire Hydrants:
We’d like to ask residents who have a hydrant on or near their residence, to maintain a 6 foot clearance of all objects and landscaping. During the winter months, please be sure to clear your fire hydrant area of snow so they are easily accessible in the case of an emergancy.
Schedule a tour of the Fire Station:
If you or your group/orginzation would like to arrange a tour of the Fire Station please feel free to contact the Fire Chief at 952-955-1135 or email at email@example.com
Many Residents enjoy backyard campfires. For your safety and that of your neighbors, the following guidelines have been established and must be followed:
- The fire pit may be no larger than 3 feet x 3 feet x 3 feet.
- A fire pit may be located no closer than 15 feet from any structure.
- Noxious or irritating smoke is not permitted. Fires must be extinguished immediately if this occurs.
- Rubbish may not be burned. Rubbish includes, but is not limited to: hazardous material, household garbage, leaves and vegetation.
- Recreational fires must be attended 100% of the time. Be sure to extinguish fires completely.
- Be aware of burning bans.
Burning permits for fires other than campfires must be applied for and approved by the City of Watertown Fire Department
The Watertown Fire Department lock box program allows the fire department to get inside your house or business without causing any damage. Perhaps you are unable to unlock the door for the ambulance crew due to illness or injury, or perhaps you’re away on vacation and your fire alarm system is set off. These are two excellent reasons to provide the fire department with a way to get inside your house or business quickly, without causing any damage.
The authorized lock boxes for the Watertown Fire Department Lock Box Program are sold by only one company, the DAMA Corporation in Plymouth, MN. Determining the proper size and model of the box is very important. Please contact the Watertown Fire Department at 952-955-1135 for information about the proper model to order. Remember that an authorized Watertown Fire Department order form must be completed in order the lock boxes. If you do not fill out the form, your lock box will be rendered inoperable.